With a name like this, I don't think these cookies need much introduction, one could guess that they would be pretty good. My first taste of them fresh from the oven, of course confirmed this suspicion. But once they cooled down and sat for a while, that was when these cookies really shine. All the flavors seem to meld delightfully together into an amazing soft flavorful chewy cookie.
So I recommend you resist finishing them off straight from the oven, the wait will be worth it.
Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies
Adapted from Brown eyed baker
113 grams (1/2 cup) unsalted butter - softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tb milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups chopped snickers bars (4 regular bars)
3/4 cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 175 c (350f)
1. In a medium bowl, beat the butter and peanut butter together until fluffy. Add in the sugars and beat until smooth.
2. Add the egg and mix, then the milk and vanilla extract.
3. Add the dry ingredients (flour last) and beat just until mixed.
4. Stir in the snickers and chocolate chips.
5. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, and slightly flatten each ball. Cook for 9-11 minutes, until the edges are slightly brown and the centers are barely cooked.
6. Cool on wire racks on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then remove from the cookie tray to finish cooling.