I was pleasantly surprised this week to find a couple of brown bananas hiding in a corner of my kitchen that I had forgotten to eat the last few weeks, giving me an excuse to make these muffins. I discovered a few years back that the secret to a moist flavorful banana bread is adding in yogurt! And after that discovery I make these much more frequently.
This recipe makes a delicious moist muffin - that seem to keep well for the whole week. I love whipping up a batch Sunday night, and having an easy breakfast for the whole week.
Banana Raspberry Muffins
113 grams (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup yogurt (any flavor is fine)
2-3 brown bananas, mushed with a fork
1-2 cups raspberries (frozen or fresh - if frozen don't thaw first!)
(optional) 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 175c (350 f) and line muffin tins with paper cups
1. in a large bowl stir together the melted butter and sugar
2. Add in eggs and vanilla, and mix well.
3. Mix in bakin soda, salt, and flour until smooth.
4. Fold in yogurt, mushed bananas, and then raspberries. This makes a lumpy batter!
5. Spread batter evenly into 12 muffin cups (to make nice large muffins). Bake for 30-35 minutes, the muffin tops should spring back when firmly poked. Cool on a wire rack.
NB: if making a loaf instead of muffins, cook for 60 minutes in a greased loaf pan.